Friday, February 6, 2009

NAARM launches a PGD in IP and technology management

Recently, National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) in Hyderabad launched a new 1-year Post Graduate diploma in Intellectual property and technology management in Agriculture. The course took off on 28th January 2009, and is presently in progress. 16 students from diverse backgrounds ranging from biotechnology to horticulture and engineering to agriculture have been admitted after an entrance test, a group discussion and a personal interview. The curriculum is a mixture of agriculture, IP, management, economics, finance and law, apart from other personality development courses.

I have worked in the field of IP for few months in a patent analytics startup and I wanted to learn more about this much talked about and emerging field. I am from a biotechnology background and I found this course particularly beneficial for me, as I had been advised by many experts to venture into IP and adopt it as a career. IP is one place where you can study law, management and technology at one level and this course aimed at exactly the same. Therefore, I applied for it and you may call it luck that I got selected. Now, how things will turn out after a year will remain a mystery till time demystifies it but I know one thing that this one-year of my life at NAARM will be full of activities and lot of knowledge gathering and opportunities for development. Indeed I am looking forward to a great year!

No comments: