Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why did I choose this course?

Contribution from the agriculture sector for GDP has been reducing from last 3-4 decades. There is an urgent need to look for new avenues to enhance it. Research and development can be one such path. But in present era of globilized world can that really benefit all those in agriculture? My fears are based on what I have read in the Newspapers. How our farmers loose their right to plant or grow. Since I am from an family of agriculturists and farming is our main source of income, I wanted to understand the possible rights for growers. I heard that sound management can help all the stakeholders. I feel that if I can get real insights through formal study, I can learn to use the tools to transfer knowledge to product development.

No comments: