Friday, January 15, 2010

What the top most innovator says …..

In my earlier post, I have share information about the top most prolific innovator (list of the world's most prolific inventors alive (three of them have more patents than Thomas Edison) (1) Shunpei Yamazaki. (2) Donald Weder (3) Kia Silverbrook (4) George Spector ( 5) Gurtej Sandhu ( 6 )Leonard Forbes (7) Warren Farnworth (8) Salman Akram (9) Mark Gardner (10) Joseph Straeter )in this post I am sharing their view ,what they says

Yamazaki says he gets his best ideas after dozing (dozing means -- Sleep lightly or for a short period of time). “Oftentimes, I’ll fall asleep while taking the train home at the end of the day,” he says. “I wake up, and I have an inspiration.”

Donald Weder says. “You have to try not to snicker” Even when the wildest solutions don’t work, they can spark discussion that might lead to other ideas”

Silverbrook says. “My background is in digital electronics and software, but I’ve deliberately become multidisciplinary—jack-of-all-trades, master of none,” Patent list is here:

Salman Akram says “There are two kinds of supervisors- One says, ‘Why are you wasting our time?’ The other says, ‘This is so cool!’

Akram says, “A lot of times, you don’t come up with solutions right away,”. “I keep a problem in the back of my mind, thinking about it in different settings, adding a little here and there. Some of this thinking occurs when I’m on a plane or driving my car.”

Mark Gardner says “I wake up every day thinking of inventions,” he says. “I don’t know if it’s a curse or a blessing.”

Leonard Forbes says “I look for something not being done efficiently,” “I tour around a lot of conferences and keep up on the literature to try to identify problems. I’ll go through different approaches. It’s not usually an ‘aha’ moment, but more a process of elimination.” What happens next is the strange, incomprehensible part: finding the answer.

A 2006 Harvard University study found that while women are no less inventive than men, traditionally they have not been in a position to seek patents. “For a long time, I was the only woman in the kind of job I had at BASF,” Lorenz says. “It’s getting better now.”

Source: patent online, us today, Wikipedia

No comments: